Saturday, December 25, 2010

New Year's Beginnings

I am surprisingly looking forward to the new year. My head is full of goals to reach for and promises of change. I think it's largely due to the fact that I'm in a good place to begin with, so that next step towards improvement is natural one. There is plenty of support, courage and hunger in my corner - helping to propel me to the next level of personal and professional satisfaction.

It's been an amazing year. I moved back to my soul's birthplace exactly 1 year ago. The energy, drive and the particular brand of kindness that you can only find in NYC is so familiar and comforting. Quite like stepping into old shoes once you've grown stronger and more capable of wearing them. Every cell vibrates with happiness and nurturing when in this city.

I've been blessed with an amazing job that engages every positive facet of who I am and what I believe in. And this next year I am motivated to take care of my health, shed the one bad habit I have and allow myself to enjoy life just a little bit more. I am excited to step into the better version of myself now that I have promised myself the stability that was always so uncertain. Turning down the consultancy in Sierra Leone was painful, but absolutely the right thing to do. I'm looking forward to putting roots down and giving my heart the latitude it needs to find a good partner and build a beautiful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment